📞 +86 17621578177
✉️ [email protected]
Newly graduated PhD with background in bioinformatics seeking for a research & development position to develop and employ computational tools to analyze biological data.
- 5-year experience of analyzing high throughput data, including data cleaning, functional annotation, normalization, analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
- Good management and communication skills exercised from organizing public outreach.
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (2015.09-Expected 2021.04)
Ph.D. Candidate in Bioinformatics
- Research focus: functional genomics and epigenomics
- Developing methods, tools and platforms for high-throughput sequencing-aided gene mapping
Shandong Agricultural University (2011.09-2015.07)
B.S. in Horticulture
NGS Data Analysis
- Whole process of data analysis: WGS, ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, PAT-Seq and WGBS
- Public database data mining: GEO, Ensembl
- R, Bash, SQL, Front-End, Git
- Workflow & environment management: Snakemake, Conda
- Operation and maintenance of linux servers and NAS
- Website development & interactive visualization
A one-stop multi-omics BSA-based workflow and polyploid species analysis platform. (2019-now)
- Developed a Snakemake based workflow for identifying genetic markers associated with a mutant phenotype by combining with multi-omics BSA and de novo assembly.
- Built an online platform for SNP annotation, orthologous gene analysis, and multiple genome syntenic comparisons and visualizations based on the R Shiny framework.
- Guided new graduate student with bioinformatics skills.
A data-driven interface for retrieving upstream regulators from plant multi-omics data. (2017-2020)
- Participated in the development and maintenance of Plant Regulomics.
- Collected and analyzed Arabidopsis thaliana and rice multi-omics public data.
- Developed and maintained some front-end and back-end modules of the online web platforms.
- Over 16,000 users have already used the online platform.
Jasmonate-mediated wound signaling promotes plant regeneration. (2018-2019)
- Collaborated with students in biology who performed the experiments.
- Completed a multi-omics analysis, including histone methylation ChIP-Seq and time series transcriptome analysis, to reveal the genes of interest's epigenetic regulatory mechanisms.
TEACHING & PUBLIC OUTREACH
Podcast host of 熊言熊语 (2020.03-now): Owning a Chinese podcast aiming at bioinformatics related students and broader researchers from high-education organizations (> 60,000 plays).
SSPAI Senior Author (2018.09-now): Wrote articles on efficiency and productivity tools (> 700,000 read).
Teaching Assistant (2017-2018) : biostatistics, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Made "Hands-On Training in RNA-seq Data Analysis" video tutorials, available online for free（> 22,000 views, 2020.01);
- Organized an online learning community, collected more than 600 learning materials (2019-2020);
- Hosted and organized the 1st Bioinformatics Talent Development Forum, 2 days, 28 speakers and 100+ audiences (2019.07);
- Initiated and participated in the Bioinformatics Knowledge Base project (> 68,000 visits, 2019.02).
#, Co-first author; *, Corresponding author
- Yue Zhang#, Hui Zhang#, Fei Zhao#, Zhendiao Zhou, Yanzhai Song, Han Guo, Miaomiao Li, Junhui Li, Hong Zhao, Qiang Gao, Qianqian Han, Huaqiu Huang, Lucy Copsey, Qun Li, Yu’e Zhang, Hua Chen, Enrico Coen, Yijing Zhang, Yongbiao Xue*, A Molecular Evolutionary Framework of Self-Incompatibility in the Angiosperms, Current Biology, Under Review
- Xiaojuan Ran#, Fei Zhao#, Yuejun Wang#, Jian Liu, Yili Zhuang, Luhuan Ye, Meifang Qi, Jingfei Cheng, Yijing Zhang* (2020) Plant Regulomics: A Data-driven Interface for Retrieving Upstream Regulators from Plant Multi-omics Data, The Plant Journal, 101(1):237-248
- Jing Pan#, Fei Zhao#, Guifang Zhang#, Yu Pan, Lijun Sun, Ning Bao, Peng Qin, Lyuqin Chen, Jie Yu, Yijing Zhang, Lin Xu*. (2019) Control of de novo root regeneration efficiency by developmental status of Arabidopsis leaf explants, Journal of Genetics and Genomics. 46(3):133-140
- Guifang Zhang#, Fei Zhao#, Lyuqin Chen#, Yu Pan, Lijun Sun, Ning Bao, Teng Zhang, Chun-Xiao Cui, Zaozao Qiu, Yijing Zhang and Lin Xu*. (2019) Jasmonate-mediated wound signalling promotes plant regeneration, Nature Plants. 5(5):491-497
- Jun Fang#, Fantao Zhang#, Hongru Wang, Wei Wang, Fei Zhao, Zijuan Li, Changhui Sun, Faming Chen,Fan Xu, Shuoqi Chang, Liang Wu, Qingyun Bu, Pingrong Wang, Jiankun Xie, Fan Chena, Xuehui Huang, Yijing Zhang, Xinguang Zhu, Bin Han, Xiaojian Deng, and Chengcai Chu* (2019) Ef-Cd Locus Shortens Rice Maturity Duration without Yield Penalty, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America,116(37):18717-18722
- Meifang Qi#, Zijuan Li#, Chunmei Liu#, Wenyan Hu, Luhuan Ye, Yilin Xie, Yili Zhuang, Fei Zhao, Wan Teng, Qi Zheng, Zhenjun Fan, Lin Xu, Zhaobo Lang, Yiping Tong, and Yijing Zhang. (2018) CGT-seq: epigenome-guided de novo assembly of the core genome for divergent populations with large genome, Nucleic Acid Research, gky522.
- Dongmei Yin#, Changmian Ji#, Xingli Ma#, Hang Li, Wanke Zhang, Song Li, Fuyan Liu, unkun Zhao, Fapeng Li, Ke Li, Longlong Ning, Jialin He, Yuejun Wang, Fei Zhao, Yilin Xie, Hongkun Zheng, Xingguo Zhang, Yijing Zhang, and Jinsong Zhang* (2018) Genome of an allotetraploid wild peanut Arachis monticola: a de novo assembly, GigaScience, 7(6)
Lasted updated on 2020-10-22